One CozyCal account is linked to one calendar only. But if you have multiple resources (eg., rooms, equipment, buildings), you can add them to the booking page and accept bookings under different calendars.
- Instructions on adding resources
- Step 1: Add to the resource list
- Step 2: Add resources on the booking page
- Step 3: Add resource's availabilities
- Step 4: Edit Intake form
- Step 5: Edit the Confirmation Message
- Step 6: Edit Email Notifications
- Round-robin booking
- Allow guests to select a resource
- Disable guests from selecting a resource
- Find out more about how to set up team scheduling
Instructions on adding resources
Step 1: Add to the resource list
- On the left sidebar menu, click on
- Enter your resource. In this example, let's enter "Evergreen Large Conference Room". As you can see, Alice Freeman is the only resource owner, so she will be managing all the rooms.
Let's also add "Evergreen Small Conference Room" and "Evergreen Lounge" to the resource list.
Step 2: Add resources on the booking page
- Click on
Booking Pageon the menu, then the button
+ new item. Here you have two options. You can either add an event type or a folder. A folder can hold multiple event types within it.
- Click on
+ new item, add title and description for Large Conference Room. Notice you can customize the sharable link.
Step 3: Add resource's availabilities
1. Click on the button
Availability Settings. You can add multiple durations and pricing for the resource.
In this case, Large Conference Room can be booked for 1 hour and 2 hours.
You can also add buffer time or edit the maximum number of guests allowed to book schedule the same time slot.
2. Click on the button
Availability Settings , then
Add availability .
Under the Host drop-down menu, make sure you select the right resource. In this example, the resource is Large Conference Room.
Create a new schedule,and then name the schedule.
- Click on the button
Add availability. You can add either regular hours that repeat weekly or specific time and dates.
Let’s create Weekly schedule, and add weekly hours that repeat Monday to Sunday, 9am to 5pm.
Booking window time indicates the minimum booking notice and maximum booking notice a resource can be booked.
The default setting is 1 day before now and 14 days from now. Click on
Booking window time to adjust it based on your needs.
- Now when you add more resources to your booking page. You can quickly apply the Weekly Schedule created earlier for the Large Conference Room and save time.
In this example, let’s create a resource type for Lounge. In the availability setting, you can simply choose Weekly Schedule and apply it to the Lounge.
Step 4: Edit Intake form
Edit Intake Form >
Add a Form Field to add additional questions. The question format can be short answer, paragraph, phone number, checkbox, dropdown and date.
You can also edit the intake form's scheduling button text. In this example, the button's text is changed to Schedule Room.
Save and Copybutton to quickly duplicate intake form to other resources.
Step 5: Edit the Confirmation Message
Confirmation Message is the page that clients will be landing on once they schedule an appointment with you.
You can edit the message by clicking on the button
Step 6: Edit Email Notifications
There are three email notifications
Reminder Email and
Cancellation Email that are sent out automatically when an appointment is scheduled.
Each email comes with a template that contains key information such as scheduled event type, time and team member. You can edit the templates based on your needs.
If you want to send out the email notifications from your own domain (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org), please set up white-label emailing.
Reminder Email, up to 4 reminder emails can be sent prior to the scheduled event.
You can choose when you want the emails to be sent out. In this example, reminder emails are set to be sent out 1 day and 1 hour prior to the scheduled time. Don't forget to click on
You can interact with a live resource booking page Evergreen Coworking Space to see how the scheduling flow works.
Allow guests to select a resource
You can add multiple resources to a shared event. If a guest selects "Any available", scheduled bookings will be auto-assigned to resources in a round-robin booking, meaning whichever resource has availability for the selected time slot will be booked first.
In this example, an event type "Hot desks" is created. There are 3 hot desks added as resources.
Here, assuming we have already applied the Weekly Schedule created earlier to the host Hotdesk 1. Then we follow these steps to quickly apply this schedule to all hotdesks.
- Click on the pencil icon next to the schedule’s Booking Window.
- Scroll down and click on the button
- Under Filter event types, select the current event type Any Hotdesk; under Filter hosts, select Hotdesk 1, Hotdesk 2, and Hotdesk 3.
- You now will see that the Weekly schedule is successfully applied across all the three hotdesks.
- Click on the button
Host page settings, you can customize the the text of "Any available" option. Let’s change it to “Any hotdesk available”.
- When guests land on this calendar, they have the option to directly select a time slot which would auto-assign a hotdesk in a round-robin manner. The guest also has the option to click on “Any hotdesk available” drop-down menu and see a specific hotdesk’s schedule.
Disable guests from selecting a resource
If you do not want guests to check and select a specific resource, and wants round-robin booking only. You can disable resource selection.
Click on the button
Host page settings, check the box next to
Disable host selection.
You will see that on the event's calendar, guests can no longer click on the resource's drop-down menu. Booked events will be assigned to resources in a round-robin style.
Find out more about how to set up team scheduling
If you think CozyCal is a good fit for you, I’m happy to give you a more comprehensive demo. You can book a demo session with me here: https://cozycal.com/kat